Phillies on a 3:30 train today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wayman

Engineer
Very brief article:

Phillies players and coaches will once again take Amtrak to New York.
Their train leaves 30th Street Station at 3:30 p.m.
Photo Cliff Lee walking from the bus (parked at the taxi stand on the 29th St side of the station) past the columns to the station entrance.

Very brief article:
Photo Cliff Lee walking from the bus (parked at the taxi stand on the 29th St side of the station) past the columns to the station entrance.
Just curious - anyone know if they went down to track level via the stairways or did they head up into the Club Acela area?

I would venture to guess it was probably timed such that the team got off the bus and went straight down to the platform.

Not to mention that even if they allowed no "regular" passengers into the lounge, there aren't enough seats in the lounge for the entire team, much less all the support staff.

Very brief article:
Just curious - anyone know if they went down to track level via the stairways or did they head up into the Club Acela area?
Here's the answer!

Did we ever conclude what equipment Amtrak is using for this? Acelas or Regionals?
Here it is:

E02E86D7.jpg

link, in case you want one of your very own

More seriously, no, I haven't found out what the equipment is, and I've been looking regularly for a clue at philly.com, nytimes.com, kyw, septawatch, etc. Even the official Amtrak press release about the World Series charters doesn't say.

Very brief article:
Here's the answer!
lol thanks!!

Saw them come in the station off of 29th street, then made a quick escape down stairway 1. These guys aren't stupid. Anything to avoid a mob of people getting in their way.

I do feel bad for the people boarding trains on stairway 3. Poor people from out of town must have been thinking the people around stairway 1 were a bunch of idiots.

GO PHILLIES!!!

Stephen

Saw them come in the station off of 29th street, then made a quick escape down stairway 1. These guys aren't stupid. Anything to avoid a mob of people getting in their way.
I do feel bad for the people boarding trains on stairway 3. Poor people from out of town must have been thinking the people around stairway 1 were a bunch of idiots.

GO PHILLIES!!!

Stephen
Stairway *1*! Well, then perhaps that answers the Regional or Acela question: maybe they took NJT :lol:

(Ordinarily, the only trains stairway 1 ever leads to are the NJT Atlantic City Line trains. I've never seen tracks 1 or 2 used by Amtrak, save maybe for Thanksgiving.)

Stairway *1*! Well, then perhaps that answers the Regional or Acela question: maybe they took NJT :lol:
(Ordinarily, the only trains stairway 1 ever leads to are the NJT Atlantic City Line trains. I've never seen tracks 1 or 2 used by Amtrak, save maybe for Thanksgiving.)
I've seen the Cardinal come in on Track 2 a number of times, though it was at least an hour late in all of those instances.

GO PHILLIES!!!

Stephen
Yankees win. Better luck next year!

I have to believe that it was likely a small set that was made up for these guys. IIRC the Cubs had a three car set that took them from Philly to New York a few years ago. In all likelihood the Phillies had something similar, two coaches and a cafe would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back