Philly hotels

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
One of my favorite trips is into Philly. But, I never know if there is a place close to 30th St. Station to stay. In fact, I've sat in 30th St. Station all night to catch another train. If anybody can help, I'd really appreciate it.

I used to live in Maple Shade and really enjoy going back.

Rile,

There's not much around 30th street at all. When I was researching hotes for a railfest in Philly, most hotels were down in Center City or out by the college campus, still a bit of a walk from 30th.

You can find the list, prices are now a two years old though, here.

All hotels listed are within a few blocks walk of a train, be it commuter or subway/streetcar. You should also note that your same day Amtrak ticket or ticket stub, is valid for free travel on the SEPTA commuter trains running between 30th Street station, Suburban station, and the Marketeast station.

Rile,

There are also some reasonably priced hotels in the airport area, accessed by SEPTA's R1 commuter line from 30th Street Station. All of them are connected via their own shuttles to the R1 train at the various Airport Terminals, A through E. There are also some "airport" hotels along Bartrum Avenue which you can get to from the Eastwick station on the R1 on foot.

That list Alan referred to will be updated very soon with current prices, and in a slightly different locaiton, since we are having another railfest in the area a month from today.

Thanks alot. I'm looking forward to my next trip to Philly from Cleveland. It was alot easier before though.

Back