PLEASE READ - IMPORTANT

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFSS

Engineer
Honored Member
Many years ago with the owner of this forum started it he posted a message that many have probably not even read, or if they have it has long been forgotten.

Several topics have gotten way off base and are becoming nothing more than a place to say things that have absolutely nothing to do with the original posted topic.

The Admins and Moderators have been very lenient about this. And, in fact I sometimes find myself making a comment that isn't really germane to the subject.

We certainly don't want to inhibit anyone's ability to continue posting and saying what's on their mind. But a few threads have gotten so far off topic, or were unnecessary to begin with that I have shut them down (hidden them out of your view).

My intention is not to upset anyone and these comments are directed to all, no one person in particular.

All I ask is that you click on the link to the topic I mentioned that was written many years ago and needs to be brought to everyone's attention, again.

As soon as I shut down the TP thread I had someone PM me and say, "THANKS!" There are probably others of you who feel the same way.

If anyone has a question or comment, please PM me and we can discuss.

When the other Admins/Mod see this they might disagree with me (trust me, the five of us don't always see eye to eye on things, either) and these topics might get opened back up. But, maybe not.

Here is the link.

LINK

While I agree with Tom that the one topic in particular has gone on far too long, I disagree with the solution. While the TP thread may have been largely in jest and fun, there were important points raised early on about the problems and damage that can be caused by putting the wrong things into the train's toilets. Additionally I don't exactly like the idea of deleting from the board's history as it were.

Therefore I'm going to partially reverse his decision and restore to view the aforementioned topics, but I will lock them from futher comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back