Point me to the Lake Shore!!

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

carknocker51

Train Attendant
OK-tommorow [Firday] I board the Lake Shore Limited to start my three train journey from Dearborn,Mi / to end in Cincinnati,Oh...A bus from Dearborn to Toledo to catch train # 48 to New York Pen...then the Acela express to Was,DC.....then spend the nite in Was. and catch the Cardinal # 51 to Cinn,Oh...where I catch up with the wife & Mother in law for the rest of our vacation together....I've never traveled by viewliner before,so I was wondering.....I have a standard room & I know there's a sink & toilet,but do they provide towlels & soap in the room??Is there a best time to try for a shower??My standard room on the Cardinal will be a Superliner,so I guess I'll have no sink/shower/or toilet in the room...which is ok,as I'm looking forward to sitting back and watching the world go by.I like to check out the differnt rail yards & Equipment,as I work for a certian railroad & wonder how the other guys are treated around the country.Well..life is good when your on vacation...I'll try to take note's and let you know how it go'es...the slower the better...happy rails

In the Viewliner Standard Room you will find bar soap, towels, and other toiletries (shampoo, toothpaste, etc.) can be brought to you by your attendant upon request. The shower is usually the busiest from around 8pm-11pm and 6am-10am. Unfortunetly though, I'm about to burst your bubble. The Cardinal has been running with single-level equipment for about a year now. This includes Viewliner Sleepers, Heritage Diner, Amfleet Lounge, and Coaches. The only way you could travel by Superliner would be going on the Capitol Limited #29 from Washington to Cleveland and then thruway connucting bus #8129 from Cleveland to Cincinnati. However, as of today all the Sleeping accomadations are sold out. I'm sure you will equally enjoy your trip on the Cardinal though.

I'm good with viewliner on the Cardinal from Was..I have room # 5 , so I'll have the same kind of room & service as the Lake shore..I think...

Hope ya have a fun trip on my favorite train, the Lake Shore Limited. It seems something . . . intresting of some sort always happens on a Lake Shore trip, sometimes that can be a good thing, other times not so good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back