Points not posted yet.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

des1rees

Train Attendant
Hello,

Transferred my points over from Continental to AGR last week, and from reading up on AGR and Flyertalk forums, was under the impression that they would have shown up in my account this morning. Just checked, and it has still not come in. Any recommendations on who to call, Continental or Amtrak to see whats going on? Or should I just wait? What has your experience been in transfering points? How long has it typically taken you?

Thanks,

Sayoni

When did you initiate the transfer? If you contacted One Pass to make the transfer by Friday afternoon, The points should be in your AGR account on Monday morning! This happens 99.9999% of the time. (Nothing is 100% sure, but this is very close.)

As I remember from your previous posts, I believe you stated that you did not have a One Pass account (at the time) and you just opened one up. I believe you were going to transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to the One Pass account, and then transfer those from your One Pass account to your AGR account. Is this correct? :huh:

If so, the points FIRST have to be transfered from AmEx to One Pass. I don't know how long that takes. THEN, you have to call One Pass in Houston to request them to transfer those miles to AGR. (This second part is the Monday transfer!)

When did you initiate the transfer? If you contacted One Pass to make the transfer by Friday afternoon, The points should be in your AGR account on Monday morning! This happens 99.9999% of the time. (Nothing is 100% sure, but this is very close.)
As I remember from your previous posts, I believe you stated that you did not have a One Pass account (at the time) and you just opened one up. I believe you were going to transfer American Express Membership Rewards points to the One Pass account, and then transfer those from your One Pass account to your AGR account. Is this correct? :huh:

If so, the points FIRST have to be transfered from AmEx to One Pass. I don't know how long that takes. THEN, you have to call One Pass in Houston to request them to transfer those miles to AGR. (This second part is the Monday transfer!)
Yes, you did remember correctly.

I transferred the points from AMEX to One Pass, and then once it showed up on One Pass, I called them and initiated the transfer from them to AGR. However it has still not shown up. I called AGR and they told me they are not showing up, and until CO sends it over, there is no way they can look it up or anything like that :(

Any recommendations on what I should do?

D

I transferred the points from AMEX to One Pass, and then once it showed up on One Pass, I called them and initiated the transfer from them to AGR. However it has still not shown up. I called AGR and they told me they are not showing up, and until CO sends it over, there is no way they can look it up or anything like that :(
Any recommendations on what I should do?
Look at your One Pass account. See if they show the transfer out. It will say something like

Amtrak Mileage Transfer (15000) {or whatever the amount transfered was}
It usually shows on my account before I can even sign back into my One Pass account.

This way, you could say to AGR that "CO transfered the miles to AGR on July 2 (or whenever)".

If your CO account shows the transfer, I would say call AGR (not Amtrak)! (It is handled by a separate company for Amtrak!) If your CO account DOES NOT show the transfer, I would say to call the One Pass Service Center (not the regular CO reservation number)!

Heaving a sigh of relief.

The points finally posted around noon today. I called AGR and they made the reservations using the 60K, we are now booked into 2 roomettes each way travelling from CYN to ORL.

Thank you, EVERYONE, for your invaluable advice. Could not have been able to do this without your help and advice.

D.

Back