Portand Hotel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trainfan

Service Attendant
I am taking the EB to Portland in March then planning to return via Seattle . Can anyone recommend

a good hotel close to the train station in Portland for three nights ? thanks for any replies!!!

Trainfan

I am taking the EB to Portland in March then planning to return via Seattle . Can anyone recommenda good hotel close to the train station in Portland for three nights ? thanks for any replies!!!

Trainfan
I have stayed at the Courtyard just east of downtown. They have free shuttle service from the station to the hotel and it is only 2 blocks to the light rail line. Has a very nice restaurant and the rooms were very good, too. My wife liked the idea it was two blocks from the mall!

we like the la quinta at the convention center. it is across the steel bridge from downtown but still in the free transit zone. you can either get on a bus across the street from union station and ride to the light rail stop or walk 3 blocks to a rail stop. the la quinta has a pool, very good included breakfast. be sure to do some riding on the max light rail and the portland streetcar(maybe even on the new air tram which connects the end of the streetcar line with oregon health sciences university).

We stayed at a fantastic beb and breakfast last September called Portlands Whitehouse about a five minute cab or bus ride in a beautiful neighborhood northeast of the station. It is rated the number one b&b in Portland and priced comparable to hotels. Check out their websight.

There are plenty of hotels in downtown Portland and the light rails are free within the fare-free zone. The downtown area are clean and friendly.

Try using with hotels.com or even priceline.com and have fun researching!

Aloha

For the 19?? NMRA I stayed at a"red lion" hotel, I did not have much money so it must have been cheep, I just remember having a good time there. I came and went to Portland by train, flights were ? HNL-LAX-SEA-HNL

Enjoy, good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back