Portland OR car rental

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might not suit your needs, but there are tons of Zipcars in Portland, including a Honda Odyssey that "lives" right at the Station itself. Rental rates tend to the high, but include gas, 180 miles per day of driving, and insurance in the rate itself.

For a rental of a day or two, if you've got to head somewhere away from the transit system's coverage, I've found Zipcar to be a nice option.

*Edit*

link is at http://www.zipcar.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, coming in on a Saturday presents many problems! Either the rental agencies are closed..or close at 2pm or the latest at 4pm. Which, if you are ontime, would be ok...but even 10 mins late creates a problem.

My suggestion would be to set up a rental at Portland Airport. You would have to get off Amtrak, walk a couple blocks to the MAX station and take MAX to the airport.

Just my 2 cents!

Arriving on 14 on a Sat. afternoon. Nearest auto rental/hotel near the station?
Check Enterprise Rental's hours. As I recall, they will pick you up and take you to the rental lot.

As it turns out, I have an Enterprise Rent-A-Car reservation for that afternoon (at the airport).

Trying to decide if I want to go on out to the coast or stay there in Portland that evening. Any hotels with track views?

Arriving on 14 on a Sat. afternoon. Nearest auto rental/hotel near the station?
Check Enterprise Rental's hours. As I recall, they will pick you up and take you to the rental lot.
This was the problem I was pointing out, Enterprise closes at 4pm in Portland, except at the airport. And on time arrival is 340pm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back