Posting of Chase AGR Points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dovecote

OBS Chief
For what its worth, if one is to access their Chase accounts online they will see pertinent information on their new Freedom card. No longer is any mention of the Chase AGR card. Also, as of this morning no point postings have been made to my AGR account (or my wife's) for the cycle ending September 30. Chase quickly dissolved their association with AGR. Let's hope they will promptly deposit AGR points into holders account as well!

Wouldn't expect to see the AGR points from Chase until the normal billing period ends even though their association ended yesterday. For me, it wont matter anyway as I haven't used the Chase card since my billing date of the 25th.

I do see however from my mobile app that the account has been changed over to "Ultimate Rewards"

Last edited by a moderator:
My account has always updated on the 3rd of every month. But in September it was the 2nd... So far no posting by Chase, but it's only 10/1/15

Unlike Rail Freak, my AGR points have not posted to AGR. My last Chase billing statement AGR points to AGR posted on 9/18/15. I have spent about $95 since my last billing statement and do expect my AGR points for that to post around 10/18 near my statement closing date. As others reported Chase set up a new Freedom card for me today and transferred all my AGR card data to that card on line.

Since I do not plan to use the Freedom card, I did call and Chase did close the new Freedom card for me. I do have two other Chase cards which I will continue to use. I only used the AGR card for Amtrak purchases and have now received the new BofA AGR Platinum no fee card since I live in a non Amtrak served city - Nashville, TN.

I'm not so much worried about Chase posting the AGR Points( they've always posted like Clockwork) as the Gang that can't shoot straight @ BOA!

This is based on their less than stellar start with the new AGR MC!!

I trust that Chase will do the right thing and post the points that I am entitled to on Sept puchases when my billing cycle ends on 10/14/14. If they do not, its going to cost them BIG TIME. .
At a measly cash value of 37 points on the dollar, any points you are owed aren't going to be anything approaching BIG TIME against their $100 billion in annual revenue.

Had to laugh about this one:

On Oct 1st I called Chase to close my credit card Guest Rewards account only to hear that they could not find it!

After a bit of a wait, I was "informed" that all Chase Guest Rewards cards had been switched over to Freedom cards

with new account numbers. None of this was really "news" to me aside that is from having a new account number

assigned without my knowing it!

When asked what my Freedom account "last four" were, I told the representative that I had no clue! Finally

was able to get through to someone who figured it all out - gave the "last four" from my Guest Rewards card

and that was that.

The laugh? Chase not knowing . . . If I did not know better, I would have guessed "they" are no better than

dealing with the IRS for a long overdue tax refund! Another story for another place.

Anyway, I expect my final points to be credited to AGR - case closed.

When, and if, my new "Chase Freedom" card arrives I'll look at the T&C and probably cancel it.

But I've no worries about earned points on the old Guest Rewards Mastercard posting to AGR.

These transitions are sometimes worrisome.

Noli perspirare. (Don't sweat it) A few points, a few cents either way, who cares

A slight concern on my part... Our usual AGR points from Chase Amtrak CC have not posted to our account. AGR has always posted the points earned from Chase purchases on the 3rd of the month. - which is when our credit card statement cycle ends. However, so far no points have been posted yet for September purchases.

No big deal, but I am curious as to when they will post the remaining points from the last month of use.

A slight concern on my part... Our usual AGR points from Chase Amtrak CC have not posted to our account. AGR has always posted the points earned from Chase purchases on the 3rd of the month. - which is when our credit card statement cycle ends. However, so far no points have been posted yet for September purchases.

No big deal, but I am curious as to when they will post the remaining points from the last month of use.
I'm in the same boat. My points usually post by the 3rd or 4th....so far, nada.

My points post either on the 3rd or 4th as well! So far the points have not posted. I guess a call to AGR is on the horizon!

FWIW, my first 315 points using the BOA AGR card posted today.

Curious to see whether 85 points outstanding on the Chase AGR card post when that billing cycle closes on 10/20/2015.

My BofA Platinum Card AGR points posted today plus the 12,000 bonus points. Chase still owes me points on $99. My closing for Chase is 10/18 so we will see what happens.

Perhaps Chase is waiting until all the billing cycles impacted are completed and then going to do a one time settlement with AGR to award all the affected points. Could be a programming issue for either Chase or Amtrak.

I haven't got my September Chase points either, although my credit card bill arrived today. The first BOA points did post today.

Same thing here-Points usually post by my Chase Closing Date of the 6th but the Kitty is still dry (should be just over 700). But my first round of BoA Points came in :)

When I called to close the Chase account on 10/11 the phone rep said I had no points left to transfer because they had transferred on 10/4, the normal statement closing date. However, they haven't posted to my AGR account

I suspect that it's an AGR system glitch because I took train trips on 10/2, 10/3 (two), 10/8 and 10/9, all different reservations, that haven't posted yet. Ever since the introduction of e-ticketing, points have posted within a day or two.

I'm in the same boat - BofA points have posted including the bonus, but Chase points for September have not, again like the others they would normally have posted on the 2nd or 3rd. If *anybody* gets Chase points posted to AGR with an October date, let us know right away, because I have [mumble mumble] (a boatload of) points pending due to several big hits on the card to pay things like property taxes.

This had better be straightened out because I have enough coming to make or break our West Coast trip next spring.

I have been involved in similar situation as this conversion from bank to bank. Including selling my own company to a bigger company. Its not (and my sale was also not) without glitches but all will sort itself out I believe. I just received my points a little off schedule but they showed up.

Back