Pre-trip Covid 19 check question.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe an Amtrak employee can also fill out for you, though not sure how to hai about doing that (maybe the conductor).

[...] I have an aversion to smart phones and although now have one haven't got past making calls and texting (next step answering calls), and no hurry to either.
[...]
I sympathize.

I received an email with a link to fill out the form, perhaps four or five hours before departure. I assume I could have followed the link on a computer (I saw the email on a computer) rather than a phone, but I did not follow the link on either. I had no opportunity to complete a paper form. On the train, a conductor had the car attendant call some number and stand by while I answered questions on the attendant's phone. This seemed to satisfy everyone.

I sympathize.

I received an email with a link to fill out the form, perhaps four or five hours before departure. I assume I could have followed the link on a computer (I saw the email on a computer) rather than a phone, but I did not follow the link on either. I had no opportunity to complete a paper form. On the train, a conductor had the car attendant call some number and stand by while I answered questions on the attendant's phone. This seemed to satisfy everyone.

With your experience the whole form filling experience is now covered however it is approached, thanks willem.

I have an aversion to smart phones and although now have one haven't got past making calls and texting (next step answering calls), and no hurry to either.
You can travel without a smartphone if you prefer but you may find yourself at the back of the support queue if anything goes haywire and a lot is going wrong these days. My aunt had to suspend a January trip after too many flights were cancelled and I postponed my February plans when I saw how much havoc Omicron was causing. If I had to travel right now I would anticipate disruptions and try to bring as many tools as possible to work around them.

Just wondering - is this required questionnaire still in place? We haven't gotten any emails about it, and are traveling tomorrow.

I received the email asking for online certification on Monday 04/24 for my next day NOL-NIB ride. Click on the email link, then one click in an acknowledgement box and you're done. If you don't get the email, I wouldn't worry about it.

Back