Price

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alan, you're most welcome for my 20 years of service.... I have no problem paying adult rate for her. It will be the middle of the nite... we don't leave Minn until almost midnite.... she will be most crashed before I would have to get up.. but she knows not to leave, and I assume they have seatbelts....hopefullly ones she cant operate....and an attendant that is awake that could watch her if I summon them (like on a plane?)

Her mother, my daugther, has been deployed for a long while, with short trips back to the states. I have had the grandbaby with me since shortly after 9/11...moms first deployment was to Kuwait..... I have taught her line of site to Nana, and if Nana isn't around never to move and if someone other than Nana or a policeman tries to move her or take her, no matter what they tell her, to scream "help me help me"...... since she's been around uniforms all her life, she knows military and police....I don't imagine a child kidnapper/or weirdo to suddenly appear in the dead of nite on the Minn to Minot train ... thanks so mucy for your help....

I think she'll be safe don't you?

USAFLady said:
Alan, you're most welcome for my 20 years of service.... I have no problem paying adult rate for her. It will be the middle of the nite... we don't leave Minn until almost midnite.... she will be most crashed before I would have to get up.. but she knows not to leave, and I assume they have seatbelts....hopefullly ones she cant operate....and an attendant that is awake that could watch her if I summon them (like on a plane?)
Her mother, my daugther, has been deployed for a long while, with short trips back to the states. I have had the grandbaby with me since shortly after 9/11...moms first deployment was to Kuwait..... I have taught her line of site to Nana, and if Nana isn't around never to move and if someone other than Nana or a policeman tries to move her or take her, no matter what they tell her, to scream "help me help me"...... since she's been around uniforms all her life, she knows military and police....I don't imagine a child kidnapper/or weirdo to suddenly appear in the dead of nite on the Minn to Minot train ... thanks so mucy for your help....

I think she'll be safe don't you?
Amtrak doesn't outfit their trains with seatbelts... not really a safety need I guess. The only thing remotely related is the safety harness on the upper berths of sleeping compartments, but even those don't harness you into the bed - rather, they are placed such that you couldn't roll out while tossing and turning or something.

well when she falls asleep she sleeps like the dead, so unless there is a way to stop the train, and get off.... I guess she'll be safe if I get up for a trip to the potty....

Amfleet said:
USAFLady said:
Alan, no offense taken... I am a vet.... (20 years honorably discharged and retired)...Unless you know that AMTRAK considers 42 year olds as seniors, then I have to use my military advantage...  the ? again is... will she be safe sleeping if I to put it bluntly.... get up to go potty?
Thank you for your service as well. Though I may not support some of the US goverments actions, I support all our service women and men and the dangerous tasks they take on day in and day out. The best to you and your family. :)
I second that...or third, whichever it may be. :lol: :)

I back my president.... but his... "

Bring em on" comment.... pissed me off...... not him or his girls who are being made targets on the Iraqi carnival side show...... and remember I'm retired, my kid is active, by brother is active guard, my dad is retired, and I work with two other retired people..... we all feel the same.... get everyone out now or send in more...... sorry....for the soapbox..... as for my daughter.... keep things quiet in pakistan for two more weeks so she gets home.... and thanks...... :D :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back