problem with res

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

scott

HI guys,

I made an online reservation for a standard sleeper on the EB for next summer. I asked for sleeper #11 (we'll be going from SEA-CHI). When I asked again weeks later, they said they'd assigned #3, which we do not want. We have to sleep downstairs (for various reasons).

My girlfriend called Amtrak to make the change and some operator told her that it would cost $50 to make the change, which I find ridiculous. I went through this last summer with Amtrak and we were able to switch rooms at no charge. Besides, it's their mistake. Whom shall I talk to?

Thanks, guys,

Scott

If you want to e-mail me your reservation number, i'll hook you up tomorrow when i'm back at work..Forget that fee stuff, those res centers play hard ball.

Technically Scott when changing reservations you should be charged the change fee (it's usually $30, but I have heard $50 be bounced around before). For future refrence the best way to gurantee that you will be on the lower level is to reserve Room H or the Family Bedroom (I think that's Room F but Superliner equipment is not my area of expertise).

battalion51 said:
For future refrence the best way to gurantee that you will be on the lower level is to reserve Room H or the Family Bedroom (I think that's Room F but Superliner equipment is not my area of expertise).
Actually Amtrak lists the Family room as room #15 not "F". :)

One can still request a standard bedroom from Amtrak on the lower level, without needing to request either of the above bedrooms. It sounds like Scott did this and Amtrak then screwed up giving him an upper level bedroom. If that's true, then Amtrak should not be charging Scott for it's mistake.

Even if he booked on-line, as long as he called into Amtrak with his request before the tickets were printed, then there should be no fee for a change.

AlanB said:
battalion51 said:
For future refrence the best way to gurantee that you will be on the lower level is to reserve Room H or the Family Bedroom (I think that's Room F but Superliner equipment is not my area of expertise).
Actually Amtrak lists the Family room as room #15 not "F". :)

One can still request a standard bedroom from Amtrak on the lower level, without needing to request either of the above bedrooms. It sounds like Scott did this and Amtrak then screwed up giving him an upper level bedroom. If that's true, then Amtrak should not be charging Scott for it's mistake.

Even if he booked on-line, as long as he called into Amtrak with his request before the tickets were printed, then there should be no fee for a change.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back