Problems with amtrak.com

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Does anyone else have this problem?

I put in my city pair to get a fare quote, however, sometimes when I press view seat and room options or try to continue or put a discount in, it always comes up with an error message. It says I forgot to select my choice of routes or something to that effect. My route is clearly selected. This happens on both my computers.

I'm unable to make reservations online and has been happening for a few weeks now

Chris

If you are clicking the dot next to the train/route number before clicking view seat/room options it should work fine. It always does for me using my Macintosh. You might want to try using a different browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Firefox) since they sometimes act differently.

It sounds like another website glitch, then. I know if I book trips when I'm logged in it doesn't matter if I enter my guest rewards number or not - they will not print onto the tickets or follow the reservation even though the confirmation page clearly states the guest rewards number is on there. As a result, I have to book all my trips as a "guest" and add my guest rewards number that way.

Another known glitch is with the student advantage discount and guest rewards number. For some reason the S.A. number cancels out the guest rewards number even though the confirmation page clearly shows they are both on there. Strange - it never was a problem with the old website. I'm still boking all my tickets with the senior discount and my guest rewards number so I can get the discount and the rewards points. Does anyone know if this glitch has been fixed yet? It would save the hassle of showing my student advantage card to the conductor on every train trip (even though they never ask me for it, I just show it anyway since I feel guilty turning in a senior citizen ticket when I'm only 20!).

jccollins said:
If you are clicking the dot next to the train/route number before clicking view seat/room options it should work fine. It always does for me using my Macintosh. You might want to try using a different browser (Internet Explorer, Netscape, or Firefox) since they sometimes act differently.
Both my puters are older Macs, using Explorer. They really need to be upgraded

Hey, Macs are good forever! I use Apple's Safari browser most of the time and Amtrak's site works well with it. Can you download Safari, or do you have an operating system older than 10.0? I'm not sure if it works with the older OSs or not...

Back