Procrastination Pays?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been procrastinating buying my travel for thanksgiving... heading from DC to ATL G.A. Been checking the website every so often for the last few weeks trying to decide what will work best for my travel plans ...train down/bus up, train both ways etc. The only requirement is that I ride the train at least one way, I love it so much but damn it's expensive. The price I kept seeing was $182 each way and I was terrified one day I'd hop on and it would be over $230 but yet I didn't buy. :)

I decided tonight was the night, I was going to buy at least one leg and decide the rest later, I had checked it that afternoon and it was still $182. Went on the app because it has my login already for Amtrak Rewards which I can never remember the info to login on the website... put in the details and I see...$94. I think I messed up so I take 2 seconds to verify and then just buy it immediately. I got the email and everything. I'm good right? Went on the website and it still say lowest is $182. I assume someone cancelled and I got lucky?

I've never had this happen but I'm a Northeast Regional rider mostly and have ridden the Carolina a bunch in the last year but I don't tend to check prices over and over again or compare to the app. Should I wait and see if my other leg will suddenly get a price drop? Or count my lucky stars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back