Promotion glitch on AGR points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterskigirl

Service Attendant
Anyone have experience using the Double Days promotion on the Amtrak Cascades service?

http://www.amtrak.com/earn-double-points-on-amtrak-cascades-train?WT.mc_t=AmtrakCascadesWSDOT2013_AGR&WT.mc_n=AmtrakCascadesWT.mc_r=365

I have used this promotion before and I always received double points on tickets bought for myself and a friend. The reason? I booked both on the same reservation. However, on my last trip, I happened to book my friends ticket on a separate reservation number. Thus, I didn't get double days points on her ticket.

C. Rules for Earning Amtrak Guest Rewards Points
  1. Only one Program account and one enrollment bonus will be allowed per individual. In the event that more than one account number is assigned to the same Member (duplicate accounts), only the applicable point credit, excluding any enrollment bonus in the duplicate account, can be transferred to the original account. Duplicate accounts and/or points earned or purchased not in accordance with Program Rules will be canceled upon notification from the Member or at Amtrak’s discretion.
  2. A Member may receive points only for his/her own travel, and will not receive points for trips purchased by the Member, but not traveled personally by the Member.
https://www.amtrakguestrewards.com/info/terms

So, I see that there is a rule against earning double points on travel that is not your own. There maybe a glitch in the AGR posting system :eek:hboy:

I'm not clear. Are you saying that in the past, you have received AGR points for your friend's ticket? If so, that shouldn't

have happened regardless of any double points promotion. It's irrelevant whether they're on your reservation or not.

You shouldn't get single OR double points for anyone's ticket but your own.

If you have in the past, that's definitely a glitch you benefited from. It's not your fault, and I wouldn't bother going back to

correct it. But there's certainly no reason to expect that you'd get points for someone else's travel in the future.

If your friend wishes to earn the current double points promotion, she would have needed to pre-register using the link

you provided above.

That said, I did take advantage of the current Amtrak double points promotion. Both myself and my son received double

points in our respective accounts. :)

Sounds like a few years ago when both me and bicycle earned double-points (two seperate tickets and a promo) for riding one-way on the Carl Sandburg. I did the same trip the next year and Amtrak had fixed AGR.

Back