Punctuality a problem for Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superliner Diner

Conductor
USA Today 11/15/02:

Punctuality a problem for AmtrakAmtrak's long-distance trains are increasingly behind schedule, costing the financially struggling company riders and revenue at a time when congressional critics want to eliminate money-losing lines.
The full story is here.

Thank you for providing this, Superliner.Diner. I heard a brief mention of it on TV Friday morning while getting ready to leave home and did not hear the full story, then got busy and forgot about it. But thanks.

I ride the CZ regularly, and on 11-12, westbound, it ran about 15 minutes AHEAD of schedule into each station west of Denver, where I got on.

New Amtrak President David Gunn was onboard, and I had a brief chat with him. He seems 100% determined to get Amtrak going in the right direction, and I think he needs all the support we can give him.

It's time those bastards in our legislature give Amtrak the money it NEEDS to offer top notch service. I'm sick to my guts of hearing passengers say, "Oh, the trains are so much nicer in Europe."

It's a national disgrace, the lack of funding we give to Amtrak.

Please WRITE YOUR REPRESENTITIVES in Washington D.C. and tell them to ante up OUR tax dollars for a National Treasure, and quit funding tourism in Afghanistan or the Zionist occupation of Palestine for God's sake!!!

Mike,

Your very lucky to have met David Gunn on your recent trip. He seems like I real nice guy and he sets his priorities and keeps them. Amtrak does need this funding (and so does many others) and giving it to Afghanistan won't help unless Amtrak plans to set up shops there.

Before I go I would also like to welome you to this little forum. Pease feel free to come in regulary. :)

Amfleet said:
Mike,Your very lucky to have met David Gunn on your recent trip. He seems like I real nice guy and he sets his priorities and keeps them. Amtrak does need this funding (and so does many others) and giving it to Afghanistan won't help unless Amtrak plans to set up shops there.

Before I go I would also like to welome you to this little forum. Pease feel free to come in regulary. :)
I'd also like to welcome you the forums. I agree with Amfleet completely. Say, This gives me an Idea...

Here's a dumb question but since the congress and the white house are into irrelivant ammendments to the homeland security B.S., why cant we attach like a say $30 billion Amtrak Guarentee to the bill?

GDG

Grand Rapids MI

GR 0.0

GDG:

Because doing so would: save time, save money, make sense, be good for the environment, and enhance national security. It would, therefore, violate, all five rules of good governing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back