Puzzle me this...

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cristobal

Lead Service Attendant
I was a little bummed out to see my fav points-run return train showing sold-out(???) for this coming Sunday so I started looking at alternate plans. Then, curiosity got me looking a bit further and for some strange reason the Amtrak website is showing #733 as 'sold-out' every Sat and Sun for the coming weeks between OKJ and SJC. Boarding at any point earlier is available (even EMY just one stop back) and deboarding at points between OKJ & SJC is also available if boarding from EMY or earlier. That tells me, of course, that this particular train isn't facing a temporary detour. Also, 733 is the only w/b CC train that shows sold-out at OKJ (and beyond) during the weekends. :huh:

Now the really curious part. I was able to go ahead book my normal r/t tix (GAC-OKJ, 728 & 733) no problem at all using the Amtrak app on my iPhone even though the website shows the 733 unavailable to me at OKJ. Got my confirmation email w/ e-ticket. Crazy stuff! :blink:

Hmm, must have been a glitch. Looks good now.
Not at my end. The Amtrak website still shows 733 'sold-out' if I try to go OKJ-GAC on 5/27. I even deleted my Amtrak cookies and restarted Firefox (same results) and tried the query in IE as well. Plus, this isn't even the same computer that I first encountered that on last night. :huh:

I'm guessing that it is some sort of glitch. I just thought it really odd that the iPhone app wasn't affected by it also.

Oh well... I have my e-ticket in hand and there is nothing telling me that I should have any reason to be concerned about making it to/from Jack London Square this weekend for some amazing fish tacos sold by a food vendor there in the farmer's market. :cool:

Not at my end. The Amtrak website still shows 733 'sold-out' if I try to go OKJ-GAC on 5/27. I even deleted my Amtrak cookies and restarted Firefox (same results) and tried the query in IE as well. Plus, this isn't even the same computer that I first encountered that on last night. :huh:

I'm guessing that it is some sort of glitch. I just thought it really odd that the iPhone app wasn't affected by it also.

Oh well... I have my e-ticket in hand and there is nothing telling me that I should have any reason to be concerned about making it to/from Jack London Square this weekend for some amazing fish tacos sold by a food vendor there in the farmer's market. :cool:
You should be fine. Just FYI, it looks fine on Amtrak.com when I just tried. Go check now ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

You should be fine. Just FYI, it looks fine on Amtrak.com when I just tried. Go check now ;)
Wow!!!

Magic pixy dust perhaps? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back