Quebec Autoroute A-35 nears completion

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when that was first constructed, and we no longer had to drive through every little town, only a few of them. But it was just stubbed off half way between Montreal and the border, even before I graduated high school and left Vermont to go to college in 1968. Every time I have been back since then, it's been the same story. I have wondered if there were any plans to finish it. Thanks for the clip.

I remember when that was first constructed, and we no longer had to drive through every little town, only a few of them. But it was just stubbed off half way between Montreal and the border, even before I graduated high school and left Vermont to go to college in 1968. Every time I have been back since then, it's been the same story. I have wondered if there were any plans to finish it. Thanks for the clip.
@oregon pioneer

The odd thing is Quebec delivered A-55 to Derby Line to connect with I-91 but they flat out refused to connect to I-89.

Quebec Route 133 to this day is a dangerous road - especially at night.

https://www.sevendaysvt.com/vermont...-to-be-bypassed-route-133/Content?oid=2380398

Here's a slightly unrelated question, but, in modern times, has the border crossing to Canada ever been speedy (even in the 80's I remember it being somewhat slow) in either direction or has it always been sticky?
When we cross the border here from Lubec ME to Campobello Island NB, the drill is basically "where are you going?" "Are you bringing anything across?" and "Do you have any drugs or weapons on board?". Then they hand back our passport cards and off we go. Usually only takes a couple of minutes, Returning to the US is similar but takes a little longer for them to run our cards or passports through the computer.

Back