question about emeryville hotel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sutton

Hi Guys,

I'll be taking the CZ out to Emeryville in late May. does anyone know of a cheap hotel in the area. I don't really need to go into San Francisco as I've been there several times already. And CHEAP hotel is fine; I've backpacked in Asia before. :)

Thanks for any hints.

The only three hotels I can think of in Emeryville off the top of my head are the Hilton Garden Inn (formerly the Holiday Inn); the Sheraton Four Points and the Woodfin Suites. Anything in the "cheap" range in that area would be in a neighborhood you'd want to be staying in.

The only three hotels I can think of in Emeryville off the top of my head are the Hilton Garden Inn (formerly the Holiday Inn); the Sheraton Four Points and the Woodfin Suites. Anything in the "cheap" range in that area would be in a neighborhood you'd want to be staying in.
In May we stayed at the Sheraton Four Points, as previous poster said, not exactly cheap, but it is close. It's across the tracks about a long block away. Good luck.

GregL

Anything in the "cheap" range in that area would be in a neighborhood you'd want to be staying in.
You know I need to fire my proofreader. There is an important word missing from this sentence and it should read "Anything in the 'cheap' range in that area would be in a neighborhood you'd not want to be staying in."

Hi Guys,I'll be taking the CZ out to Emeryville in late May. does anyone know of a cheap hotel in the area. I don't really need to go into San Francisco as I've been there several times already. And CHEAP hotel is fine; I've backpacked in Asia before. :)

Thanks for any hints.
Aloha

What are the hotel duration? when I went to Chicago a while back I took the Coast Starlight from LA to EMY to connect with the California Zephyr. Since the connection time was supposed to be 7 hours I went to the Denny's across the street. I explained I my intentions and the put me in a booth neare the back and at 6:00 AM woke me up with the breakfast I had ordered earlier, really nice of them.

IF you decide to go the hostel route, try to get your ticket changed to include the bus connection to downtown San Francisco. This will cut travel cost significantly, and make things simpler. You can not get to public transportation easily in emeryville. Once you are in San Francisco, you can get BART to downtown Oakland, or MUNI to where ever you need to go.

Good point from Steve. If an Emeryville hotel is however chosen, there is a free bus line called Emery-Go-Round which runs throughout Emeryville and serves the MacArthur BART station in Oakland. But its timetable is hard to follow and it is confusing to the outsider just where their stops area.

Short of that, I know somebody who busted his butt doing extensive research on hotels in that area earlier this year, and the results are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back