Question about travelling on Amtrak's Maple Leaf Trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tjemartin

Train Attendant
I live in the Niagara Falls area and I have taken Amtrak a lot lately to go visit a friend who lives in DE and just wondering is it just me or are the seats in the Maple Leaf trains (#63 and #64) just a little bit uncomfortable....During my travel on these trains I try and talk around as much as I can, but sitting for more than 2 hours at time seems very uncomfortable for me. Just wondering if anyone else who has been on these two trains think the same as me?

I've also been on the Northeast Regional trains from NYP to WIL and although the distance traveled on those trains does not add up to the time spent on the Maple Leafs, the seats on the Northeast trains seem to have more "padding" in them and seem more comfortable.

What are your thoughts?

:hi: Are you riding in Coach? In the Business Class car there are fake leather seats like the First Class seats on an airliner and they are very comfortable! In Coach, could be you are on an older car or even on an AMFleet I as opposed to a II, the difference being that Is are generally used on shorter routes and IIs on the longer routes in the East but they can be mixed or even subsituted for each other on various trains!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back