Question someone may have answer for

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben_G

Service Attendant
Do the seats in the roomette's and bedrooms recline at all like coach ? Seems every picture of the roomettes and bedrooms the seats are near if not near a straight up position. I know theres not much room but to ride sitting in that position for a long period would seem rough.

Yes, they do recline. But not like the seats in coach.

In coach, the seat back pivots where-as the bottom remains fixed. In the sleepers, the bottom is on tracks that move out from the wall, and the seat back angles in relation to how far the bottom is pulled out. In the roomettes, the sacrifice is leg room. If traveling solo, you can put your feet up on the opposite chair ala LaZboy, otherwise you'll need to work out an arrangement with your roommate. The 'couch' in the bedrooms also reclines like this, but you have plenty of foot room there.

In the roomette the two opposing seats slide forward towards each other to provide a bit of recline but not as much as in coach. In a bedroom the couch really doesn't recline, although you could recline by lying lengthwise on it and the smaller chair opposite the couch doesn't recline much if at all.

I love putting a pillow behind me and sitting with my legs up on the sofa in the bedroom. Perfect for watching the scenery roll by.

The seats do recline. You suffer some legroom but I found it to be fine anyway. You can put your feet on the seat opposite you if you don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back