Quick Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTRAK-P42

Conductor
Ok Well I have a quick question for you tech guys out there.

My Current ID on Miletrak.com is Amd-103man.

I signed up for a new name;the same name I use on here (Amtrak-P42)

I was wondering two things. One, If I could somehow get my data base on my new ID at one time, instead of having to go back to Amd-103man and add my 56 trips one by one. Two, Is there someway of erasing my old account, assuming I get my new one working?

Thanks

yes, it's possible (all of what you said), but you'll need to coordinate that with me. I'm out of town at the moment but I should be able to do this as early as tomorrow afternoon.

hmm, i have a question. It looks like both amtrakp42 and Amd-103Man accounts have about the same amount of miles?

:( It appears that someone took my name before I had the chance. Thats kinda frustraiting........ :angry:

It does however appear slightly ironic how close their name is to the one I wanted and use on here....in fact, its identical. Maybe its just a coincidence .I assume there is nothing to be done excpet to chose another ID....Im curious if Amtrak-P42 might work even though it is so similar?

done..

This case sensitive login name stuff is driving me CRAZY :blink: :blink:

Woah...

Something very weird just happend. I went to login to Miletrak, and I typed in AmtrakP42, and my password....however when I logged in, I got the wrong data base. I got the trip data base for amtrakp42. :blink:

Ok well I looked things over and it appears that it gives me all the correct information except the trip database, which is amtrakp42's not AmtrakP42 (mine).

That's what you get for setting a username that was the same as someone else's except for the capitalization. :lol:

And that's what I get for allowing it to happen in the first place. :(

However, I just logged in as you, and saw your correct trip database, not the other one. Hmm. :blink:

Any ideas? Can you try again?

thanks

Well, I decided to type in my acutal name into the URL (the end is set up like "=amtrakp42) and it gave me the correct data base.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Well, I decided to type in my acutal name into the URL (the end is set up like "=amtrakp42) and it gave me the correct data base.
I'm confused, what did you type before?

Well I signed on with my name, but I got the wrong data base. When I looked at the URL, I noticed that the end of it was =amtrakp42 (the other users data base). I decided to type in that space AmtrakP42, replacing what was there before hand.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Well I signed on with my name, but I got the wrong data base. When I looked at the URL, I noticed that the end of it was =amtrakp42 (the other users data base). I decided to type in that space AmtrakP42, replacing what was there before hand.
You never see that suffix on a URL when logged in, because everything is sent with POST method and using session stuff.

If you saw that on the main window, you weren't logged in :unsure:

gswager said:
You're getting better than Anthony as a programmer! :lol:
:lol: :D

The whole thing really doesn't make sense. That ?user=AmtrakP42 is only used when you're not logged in, to show the world your entire trip database. This is really rather unprecedented because not too many people go in and pick a case-sensitive login name that is materially identical to another one. I still am not clear on what is happening here...

Are you saying that when you log in at www.miletrak.com using "AmtrakP42", and your password, you are seeing "amtrakp42"'s trip database? And that when you visit that link you posted, and THEN log back in, it is corrected?

Or are you simply saying that "miletrak.com/miletrak.php?user=amtrakp42" and "miletrak.com/miletrak.php?user=AmtrakP42" show entirely different databases?

If the latter, then this is expected behavior, as there is another user with lowercase letters. The login names are case-sensitive.

Anthony said:
Or are you simply saying that "miletrak.com/miletrak.php?user=amtrakp42" and "miletrak.com/miletrak.php?user=AmtrakP42" show entirely different databases?
If the latter, then this is expected behavior, as there is another user with lowercase letters. The login names are case-sensitive.
That is basically what im saying. Its just the that the default database I was given was not mine, and was rather amtrakp42's.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
That is basically what im saying. Its just the that the default database I was given was not mine, and was rather amtrakp42's.
:ph34r:

When you logged in using your username and password, did you see the correct database?

Anthony said:
AMTRAK-P42 said:
:ph34r:

When you logged in using your username and password, did you see the correct database?

No. I got amtrakp42's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back