Quik-Track could be better

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northnorthwest

Service Attendant
Before reading this, please understand the point of my post is to point out how the Quik-Trak machine SHOULD work (and by extension the online "view reservations" function, etc.), not how I can get it to work for me!

I have 4 upcoming trips. When I visited the Quik-Trak machine, it only showed me one of those four as available to print. Then I used the "enter AGR number" and it was able to locate a second trip. I didn't have any of the reservation numbers with me, so I couldn't locate the other trips while I was there.

Two of these trips were purchased by phone using AGR card through AGR as part of a coupon (paid portion plus free companion). One was purchased online with AGR card. And one was redeemed online with AGR points.

Really there should be a way that all these systems are linked, so that when I swipe my AGR card at the machine, it recognizes all the tickets associated with my name/account/etc. regardless of how they were purchased. Don't you agree?! Similarly I've had issues where there is one e-mail connected with AGR and one with amtrak.com, and this caused issues. All these services need to be connected!

(Please reread the first sentence before telling me to do something other than what I WANT to do!)

I recently tried to print tickets at a quik-trak and only 2 of 4 showed up. One was an AGR redemption and another I had changed via phone to apply a eVoucher.

So your post was helpful to me because it reminded me that one's AGR CC (and the only one I use) is not the only way to retrieve reservations.

I've only used a Quik Trak a couple of times in the past 10 years or so and recall no problems although, I probably didn't have multiple trips pending. I did use the credit card that what used to purchase the ticket. Always used a hard ticket mailed to me or now, a PDF on my phone. Perhaps its the same "feature" that prevented (until recently) an AGR redemption from being visible via the smartphone app.

Yes, I did read your opening sentence.

Of course it could be better. Ever tried buying a ticket? It is supremely clunky.

There's also this one machine that won't accept my AGR card, although it will accept a credit card.

Of course it could be better. Ever tried buying a ticket? It is supremely clunky.
Of course it is! Being an AU member, I'm sure it's some complex ticket you're trying to buy! Haha! I don't know about clunky though, if it's a "simple" ticket. I can walk up, swipe a card (to activate the machine), go through a few extra screens to say I'm an employee using my pass, and ultimately walk away with a ticket in hand in 30 seconds or less.

So questioning functionality, yeah. Clunkyness? Eh..

Of course it is! Being an AU member, I'm sure it's some complex ticket you're trying to buy! Haha! I don't know about clunky though, if it's a "simple" ticket. I can walk up, swipe a card (to activate the machine), go through a few extra screens to say I'm an employee using my pass, and ultimately walk away with a ticket in hand in 30 seconds or less.

So questioning functionality, yeah. Clunkyness? Eh..
All I saw were station names without station codes, and I had to scroll through a list of stations. I just wished that it could work similar to the website. I've seen new users take forever to figure it out.

It is old technology. You may not have to worry about them too much longer. They've already started pulling them out of train stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back