Quik-Trak question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisJ

Train Attendant
If a reservation includes multiple tickets, does Quik-Trak offer a choice of which ones to print or not print? (I don't want to print my return ticket yet.)

It will print them all out yes. So if you don't want that, make separate reservations. But it always a good idea, if you're making a same day connection, to also have your connection tickets with you.

I've had experience with this since Grand Rapids only has a QuikTrak (no actual staff besides one volunteer who oversees the station, makes sure it's clean, etc). The QuikTrak will print out all of the tickets that would accompany one reservation. So for example when going from Grand Rapids to Flagstaff, AZ, one would switch trains in Chicago, so you would have at least two tickets printed (the one for GRR to CHI and from CHI to FLG). If your reservation is round trip, it'll print all of the tickets (It did that for me; my reservation was roundtrip GRR to FLG and it printed 4 tickets (GRR to CHI, CHI to FLG, FLG to CHI, and CHI to GRR))

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the responses, guys. I didn't want to print the return ticket as I will probably have to cancel it and it would be easier if it's not printed. I checked with the station agent at my departure point and he said even if he prints it, the entire res will print, same as Quik-trak. I'm not to concerned about the cancellation fee, 'cause under the circumstances I think they'll waive it. (It's a connection from the Zephyr).

But as Trog and others have pointed out, there are good reasons to have your itinerary (at least oneway) all under one rez.

If you are making a connection, and you have two sep reservations, and train A is late, and you have a sep rez for train B, there is no way Amtrak knows you are trying to make that connection, and won't "count you" when they add up the total number of pax connecting from train A to train B. Higher the number, (among other criteria) the better chance they will hold train B for connecting train A pax..........

True. But when part of the trip is on AGR & the rest is real money, then they can't be on one res. But in cases like that, I have always called Customer Relations and had them cross-reference the reservations so they will know I'm making the connection. And if it looks like it's gonna be close, I make sure the conductor knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back