Radios on the Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

socalsteve

Train Attendant
I'll be on the Starlight on Sunday 6/20 (if the trestle near Santa Barbara's fixed by then!) and I wondered if anyone has experience using AM radios in a Superliner. I'd sure like to be able to listen to the Laker game, if they're still playing then, but I'm not sure how well they'll work in an all-metal car.

As long as you're sitting next to the window you should have no trouble listening to AM radio at all just keep your walkman near the window.

It all depends on how far you are from the city center and how strong the broadcast is. I would try to stay on the East Side of the train if I were you since most of the radio towers would probably be east of the train, but I make no guarantees.

socalsteve said:
experience using AM radios in a Superliner. I'd sure like to be able to listen to the Laker game, if they're still playing then, but I'm not sure how well they'll work in an all-metal car.
Aloha

I've had sucess with GPS reception. I would expect AM reception would be fine but as you move you will need to tune in different stations.

I've had  sucess with GPS reception. I would expect AM reception would be fine but as you move you will need to tune in different stations.
We should be well within range of the Lakers radio network by game time. Of course, since they've been looking pretty bad against the Pistons, I probably won't have to worry anyhow. Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back