Rail Passengers Association Discount Fare?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried purchasing the RPA fare on a trip online today. Provided my RPA membership number and the agent asked for a "discount code" . I could not find this on the RPA site on my membership card or anywhere else. Does anyone know how you take advantage of that discount?

Tried purchasing the RPA fare on a trip online today. Provided my RPA membership number and the agent asked for a "discount code" . I could not find this on the RPA site on my membership card or anywhere else. Does anyone know how you take advantage of that discount?
Although RPA is listed, I don't see a discount code for that. The RPA "discount" is the same 10% as the Senior discount, etc. If you qualify for Senior (65+) no code is needed and would be easier to obtain.

I’ve never heard of a discount code. usually just enter the 6-didget member ID. Every time I’ve called to book with it, I’ve noticed agents on the phone seem to have a hard time with it.

The agent that I spoke with was very polite but had no idea how to apply the RPA discount without a code. Judging from the replies above, there is no discount code. This problem may be better taken up with the RPA who made the arrangement with Amtrak. I will contact them. I qualify as a senior but my wife who is 17 years younger does not.
Update: sent a couple of emails to RPA on Sat. No reply so far.

Last edited:
Back