rail sail tyrain selection

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tourlink99

Train Attendant
I told my dad that "rail sail" had the north bound auto train available. If he wanted a deal, now was the time to book it. He calls me back and says, there is no autotrain available. I go on line to check it out, and it turns out he had a totally different list of "rail sail" available trains. I thought it was a uniform list for everyone. Was this an aborition or is this normal?

As far as I know Rail Sale is the same for everyone. I just checked right before I wrote this post and I can book the northbound Auto Train for 56 bucks and 10 cents. Keep in mind, that's just the rail fare. He still has to pay for tranporting the car, which Amtrak lists in the accomodation portion of the ticket.

Maybe he didn't really pull up the rail sale page and landed someplace else. It does seem odd though.

Of course you could always book it for him. :)

I did book it for him! He had a totally different selection of trains available on sale then I did! We were both online at the same time looking at the rail sale page and he read me his selection and it was not the same as mine. Maybe Amtraks computer had a malfunction of some sort!

tourlink99 said:
I did book it for him! He had a totally different selection of trains available on sale then I did! We were both online at the same time looking at the rail sale page and he read me his selection and it was not the same as mine. Maybe Amtraks computer had a  malfunction of some sort!
One possibility is that either computer has the Rail Sale page in the browser's cache, meaning that one of you was looking at an old copy of the page. Next time you go to the Rail Sale page, try clicking the Refresh button once the page loads. This will cause most browsers to clear the cache and pull from the web site again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back