Rail Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All....

Looking to do something different on the next vaca.

In the past I've taken 3 round trips from Philly to Tampa to see some Spring Training.. on the field and on the Beach :), pre marriage. Had a blast.

Want to take my wife and children on a trip to Miami.

We're doing a cruise and wanted to take the train from Wilmington De to Miami... Cost seems in line. I see its almost 24 hours which is fine...I'd probably get a roomette for the girls.

Question I have is delays on this trip.. I would be leaving on a Thursday PM for a Friday PM arrival in Miami for a cruise on Saturday...

Do you see any concerns with the time frame as stated ?

Children are teens so I think it will give them something to look forward to and be pretty cool at the same time..

I would have to fly home as time would not allow after cruise to take the train....

Let me know your thoughts and I was more concerned with delays and average of how long on this run....

Thank you.

Take the Meteor down, not the Star. You should have absolutely no problems with your "next day" departure. Have a nice trip!

Ocala Mike

Can you fly down and take the train back?

That way you'd have something to look forward to after the cruise, and you wouldn't have to worry about the connection.

That way you'd have something to look forward to after the cruise, and you wouldn't have to worry about the connection.
When I read his post, I understood him to say he had to fly home????

When I read his post, I understood him to say he had to fly home????
I just assumed he had an x number of vacation days or something like that, and thought maybe he could re-shuffle them.

Thank you... But the Children have school on that Monday after the cruise,..so we would have to fly back on Sunday...

We have the Thursday and Friday off prior to the cruise so taking the train down is our only option..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back