Railfans keeping track of trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good article. I dunno but I couldn't wait two whole hours for a train. I know places where about 40 freights will pass on any given day. Guess thats the best spot for them though.

Im lucky if i see two trains in two hours. Usually they end up comming at the end of the two hours. :lol: :D

saxman66 said:
Good article. I dunno but I couldn't wait two whole hours for a train. I know places where about 40 freights will pass on any given day. Guess thats the best spot for them though.
Ya down here most of the RRs only run 10-25 trains a day.CN runs trains on set times which makes it worse i live on the BNSF mainline between Lafayette and NOL which is the old SP Sunset route we only run about 2-4 eastbound trains out of lafayette and 2-4 westbound trains out of Avondale UP only runs Westbound trains and that is like 6-10 a day. :)

BNSF_1088 said:
saxman66 said:
Ya down here most of the RRs only run 10-25 trains a day.CN runs trains on set times which makes it worse i live on the BNSF mainline between Lafayette and NOL which is the old SP Sunset route we only run about 2-4 eastbound trains out of lafayette and 2-4 westbound trains out of Avondale UP only runs Westbound trains and that is like 6-10 a day. :)
where dose up run its eastbounds? Do they never make it as far as nol? :lol:

engine999 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
saxman66 said:
The UP EB run on the Liviona Sub which is CTC

We only get one a week and it stops for trafic. Whole trip is under 2 miles. The OR&L is run by the Hawaiian RR Historical Society. :D

It runs through a suger cane field a nice :rolleyes: hotel and reverses after getting to a missing bridge :angry: State, Federal, Military cant agree on on shoreline permit to replace so the track hangs across washout. :angry:

Anyway Aloha and Mahalo

BNSF_1088 said:
engine999 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
saxman66 said:
Is the westbound route ABS?

engine999 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
engine999 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
saxman66 said:
Is the westbound route ABS?
WB from West Yard Limits West Bridge Jct to Iowa Jct is TWC ABS which BNSF owns from Iowa Jct to Houston is CTC which trains run both EB and WB which UP owns. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back