Railyard Opens In Winter Park, CO

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Last winter I visited Winter Park, CO (WIP) to ski. As you may know Winter PArk is home to the Moffat Tunnel, as well as the California Zephyr and the UP Main Line from Denver to Oakland. I recieve updates everynow and then about ski conditions and thought you guys might apprecitate this page on their website. By the way if you are looking for great skiing places out west with Amtrak in town, I highly recommend this spot, I HAD A BLAST!

Wow, I never knew Floridians' were into snow skiing! I thought you guys water skied. Snow skiing is definetly a fun sport. I've gone a few times, but I'm afraid of hights. Kind of stupid, I know. Mainly me and my freinds play snow football or go tubing at the local golf courses WHEN it snows.

My house - 6" of snow encounting! :D

Amfleet said:
Wow, I never knew Floridians' were into snow skiing! I thought you guys water skied. Snow skiing is definetly a fun sport. I've gone a few times, but I'm afraid of hights. Kind of stupid, I know. Mainly me and my freinds play snow football or go tubing at the local golf courses WHEN it snows.
Actually over the years, skiing at Killington and other Vermont resorts, I've probably met at least 2 dozen people from Florida.

Good point Greg, ski train utilizes old Rio Grande equipment and is a sight to see. Check the Winter Park website for running dates and times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back