Redeeming guest rewards quickly?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It can be done pretty quickly, depending on what train you're riding and the day of the week.

To clarify that, it must be Monday thru Friday before 8PM, as AGR is closed on Saturday and Sunday so you can't redeem anything on those days.

Next IIRC, sleeper reservations can be picked up from a Quik-Trak machine starting 48 hours after placing the order. For Acela I think that they can do it up to one hour before the trains departure. Not sure if that applies to regionals.

** Correction: It is 48 hours, 2 days, after placing the order before it can be picked up at a Quik-Trak machine. I can't find the verbiage on the Acela quick pickups, but I have seen it somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
From a description of what select membership does, don't know about normal members-

Faster availability of Amtrak travel rewards-Select members may pick-up one-zone coach and Acela®/Metroliner® rewards immediately upon redemption. All other Amtrak travel rewards will be available within 24 hours of order redemption.

From a description of what select membership does, don't know about normal members-
Faster availability of Amtrak travel rewards-Select members may pick-up one-zone coach and Acela®/Metroliner® rewards immediately upon redemption. All other Amtrak travel rewards will be available within 24 hours of order redemption.
That explains why I couldn't find it, I didn't go to the select level rules. So I guess that general members have to wait the normal 48 hours for everything, while Select and Select+ members get to have the faster redemptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back