Refund

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dn4192

Service Attendant
I purchased a tix for the Cardinal for Aug 9th and I have been able to find a very cheap air tix out for the cost of what the train ticket I have. How does the Amtrak refund work and about how long does a refund take to get?

I'm going to assume you paid by credit card and haven't printed your tickets. If this is the case, almost always it is pretty instantaneous. However, the credit card company can hold onto those funds for a few days so while Amtrak has credited your card it might not show up right away. Also, there was one time where I had to cancel a trip and it took about 4 days for them to issue the refund. The agent said that over 40 changes had been made to the itinerary (not sure how that happened), and it would have to go through the refunds department where they would have to reverse all those changes before the system would allow credit back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought it on line and have not printed the tix as of yet, as have been advised to wait till right before trip to do that. Only will cancel train trip if the flight I am watching for $102 is still available next Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back