Report on Trespasser death in Missouri on June 14

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the photographer, his family and friends and of course, the poor Amtrak engineer who will live with this the rest of his life. But.. please STAY OFF RR Trestles and Bridges! :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Stay off the tracks, period. It amazes me how many people place themselves in front of moving trains and manage to get run over even when they are facing the oncoming train. These are tragedies (for all affected) that seem so simple to avoid.

You can't fix stupidity. A Darwin Awards honorable mention, at the very least.

Did anybody notice that the newspaper article was well written and didn't make any of the usual mistakes such as having the conductor driving the train? Perhaps there is hope for journalism (if not for folks on the tracks) after all.

Did anybody notice that the newspaper article was well written and didn't make any of the usual mistakes such as having the conductor driving the train? Perhaps there is hope for journalism (if not for folks on the tracks) after all.
Except I don't know what an eight car train has to do with it.

While the exact speed of the train in unknown at this time, pending the results of the investigation, an eight-car passenger train traveling at 79 mph can take up to a mile to stop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like taking photos in the middle of an expressway bridge. While I'm sure there are some photographers who would do this, most seem to know better... if you want to do that you have to get permission and get the road blocked off first.

I can't understand why people would do such recklessly obviously unsafe things, unless they'd never heard of trains and didn't know what these funny steel things on the ground were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back