Restaurants Near Toledo Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hgray480

I am looking to take the Capitol Limited from Washington D.C. to Toledo. The CL arrives the Toledo station at 5 a.m. Are there any restaurants within walking distance to the station open at that time?

Thanks!

Heather

I haven't been there in years, but honestly as I recall it's not an area I'd be walking at 5:00 AM. Hopefully things have improved, but I sort of doubt it. :-(

The area around the station is not great especially after dark. The closest places to eat are Subway at a gas station up on Broadway and a restaurant called Green Lantern also on Broadway. Several block walk from Amtrak and certainly not a good idea at 5am. Depending upon your destination upon arriving at TOL, I would wait until I had access to a car or friends to take you somewhere decent to eat. There are some machines in the station that could tide you over in the short run.

I agree with all the others. I've been there several times in mid morning hours; the area around the station does not seem particularly dangerous (there's a Norfork Southern police station near the Amtrak depot, and local police frequent the depot area). But it'd be a hike to get something. If you did want to grab something, I'd be thinking of getting a cab and going someplace, but downtown Toledo is basically dead that time of night. So you'd be headed out a ways to a a suburb. There are vending machines in the station, but you can guess what that means... chips, cookies, and sodas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back