Roomette location?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is LSA (I know SCA is sleeping car attendant)?
Lead Service Attendant. The person who runs the cafe car and the person who makes the dining car announcements. They are needed partly because SA's and SCA's are not allowed to handle money (not including tips), I'm sure there are more reasons but I do not know them.

You're in the upper level of the transition sleeper aka crew car aka transdorm. I like those rooms but horn noise is a little louder.View attachment 23851
I agree. Loved the CZ ride from FMG to EMY in #24. No heavy foot traffic and guests "dropping" in the room. Not to mention some interesting chats with Conductors and Asst. Conductors. Did notice that the 4 chairs were no longer installed. Just crew bags and some food staples. It was even more fun as I was profiled by the Amtrak, NCIS and DEA computers as a potential drug/money mule! Reno PD's Drug Interdiction Task Force (4 of them in t-shirts and shorts with badges on their waists under the t-shirts) finally tracked me down in the lounge. And asked to check my luggage which I sure follow me. They were extremely professional and courteous. I booked the night before and was returning the following day from EMY. Just went for the ride. Thanked them for the service! They did pinch 2 young men that apparently had some weed on their persons. They travel between RNO and TRU and catch #6 back. One of the best and most interesting Amtrak excursions I have done.

I agree. Loved the CZ ride from FMG to EMY in #24. No heavy foot traffic and guests "dropping" in the room. Not to mention some interesting chats with Conductors and Asst. Conductors. Did notice that the 4 chairs were no longer installed. Just crew bags and some food staples. It was even more fun as I was profiled by the Amtrak, NCIS and DEA computers as a potential drug/money mule! Reno PD's Drug Interdiction Task Force (4 of them in t-shirts and shorts with badges on their waists under the t-shirts) finally tracked me down in the lounge. And asked to check my luggage which I sure follow me. They were extremely professional and courteous. I booked the night before and was returning the following day from EMY. Just went for the ride. Thanked them for the service! They did pinch 2 young men that apparently had some weed on their persons. They travel between RNO and TRU and catch #6 back. One of the best and most interesting Amtrak excursions I have done.
Reno 911!!!😄

Back