Roomette Passenger; Dining, Lounge, Drinks, questions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't need to factor in the food to justify the cost of a sleeper or riding the train. Not having to get the airport molestation is reason enough for me to travel by rail. The relaxation and comfort of my own little room is another big big plus. Being able to sleep in a bed at night and take a shower are other important factors for me. The food is pretty good in the dining car, and as others have mentioned it's plentiful. You'll never go hungry if you're riding in a sleeping car.

I don't need to factor in the food to justify the cost of a sleeper or riding the train. Not having to get the airport molestation is reason enough for me to travel by rail. The relaxation and comfort of my own little room is another big big plus. Being able to sleep in a bed at night and take a shower are other important factors for me. The food is pretty good in the dining car, and as others have mentioned it's plentiful. You'll never go hungry if you're riding in a sleeping car.
I partially disagree with you, partially agree. For me, a Sleeper is important for overnight trips because it is much easier to fall asleep in a flat berth and I have extreme difficulty sleeping in a seat, no matter how large in size. The nighttime privacy comes second, food included third, shower fourth, daytime privacy fifth. Lastly, I like having a SCA and non-alcoholic beverages right down the hall. Lounge service has virtually no effect and I see it dosen't affect you much either.

In the end I'm just happy that many people are willing to take Amtrak Sleepers, as they are often sold out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back