round the country 09

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mp-44

Train Attendant
every year have taken a trip somewhere this was no exception boarded the Crescent from Mss to Was 24th july don't like Metro. then the CAP to CHI this day the private car Caritas and its companion car the Cimmiron River wre bringing up the rear nice touch.of course the whole trip was sleeper service.Nice roomette and service could not have been better. CCC in consist arrival in Chi on the 25th 30 min early not bad. Metro Lounge was a good place to people watch 2nd leg was the SWC to Lax.left on time and again a super crew very helpful. One of the Sleepers had a Name on the outside Edward Ullman first time I had seen that.Arrival in Lax 1 hr 30 min early on the 27th Not much time here. although did take some pictures of the station. Boarded the CST for SEA. about an hour out we passed a train that had a full length dome in the consist went by so quick did not get a picture. AC went out in the PPC no matter though a beautiful ride through the Pacific northwest.Mt Shasta was magnificent.Arrival in Sea 1hr late on the 28th. layover here until the 1st of Aug.Station is under renovation. Had to be there for that 103 degree day but being from the east coast it did not bother me felt like 85 toured the city road the monorail did some sailboating.Aug 1 left Sea on the EB for Chi thru the Cascades and the Rockies and out into the heartland.again a nice run no problems here. did have to go into a siding somewhere in Minn. for the passing of SP Daylight 4449 what a delight. arrival into Chi 45 min early Lounge time again the out on the Cap for Was.arrival into Was 20 min early. a quick trip to Mss on VRE.the home to milepost 44. all in all not a bad one this time will be going to Portland Me. next year.haven't plotted it out yet. mp-44..................

Basically all Superliner I sleepers were assigned names in 1992 when the order for the Superliner II sleepers was placed. There were two cars that never got a name, since they were wrecked and scrapped before 1992. Out of all the Superliner I's that were named, only 32003 the Edward Ullman and 32009 the George M Pullman actually ever had the names stenciled onto the cars.

The II's were all assigned one of the 48 contiguous State names, along with the 49th car receiving the District of Columbia as a name. And the 6 Deluxe sleepers were originally all supposed to be named Palm "something". Two however ended up being named after a person, while the other 4 did receive Palm _________ names. 32502 was named the W. Graham Claytor, Jr. while 32503 was named the A. Phillip Randolph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back