Route Guides

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Kisor

Service Attendant
It occurred to me today that I haven't seen a route guide by a sleeper room window in quite a while. Has Amtrak done away with them? Sometimes I don't even see timetables.

It occurred to me today that I haven't seen a route guide by a sleeper room window in quite a while. Has Amtrak done away with them? Sometimes I don't even see timetables.
You can download route guides for the LD trains at Amtrak.com: go to Routes, Region, then the specific train. A link to a PDF version is on the page for each LD train.

I suspect they are still being printed. The absence of them may be just a room make-up issue.

We haven't found the route guides in the rooms lately (previously they were always there)... so now we look for the guides in the station before boarding. I know this may only work at the bigger stations.

The first time we did have not have guides was the LSL BOS-CHI. We had a 2 hour delay when we reached Albany, so we went into the station, but there were no guides. I decided to ask the ticket agent, and she had them under the counter. If you do not see them in the brochure racks inside the station, ask the ticket agent.

I traveled in sleepers on the Capitol Limited and Lake Shore Limited in the last week or so and both had the route guides in the rooms. I would imagine it is just hit or miss, rather than them specifically not being placed in rooms anymore.

I traveled in sleepers on the Capitol Limited and Lake Shore Limited in the last week or so and both had the route guides in the rooms. I would imagine it is just hit or miss, rather than them specifically not being placed in rooms anymore.
It all comes down to who preps the train and the attendant.

We had them on every train we took last week. (SWC, CS, CZ, Cardinal)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back