RVR-WBG-NPN October trackwork?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gatelouse

OBS Chief
For several dates in October, I'm seeing the morning 67 blocked as "sold out" between RVR and Newport News. Likewise for northbound 94. Afternoon trains 66 and 95 run normally.

Anyone have full dates and details for what appears to be scheduled track work? No mention on the Amtrak website that I could find.

Typically 67 is sold out from BOS, NYP, PHL, and WAS. Just people wanting to get there as early as possible. When I rode 66 back in April I arrived on a Saturday I departed PHL at 1213am and almost everyone got off at BOS. That proves that every would like to get there ASAP. :lol: I was on that train to simply go sightseeing in Boston with my girlfriend for the day. It was a good choice! Better then waking up at 4 am to catch 150 (I believe that's the train number) Leaving around 6am UFFA!

Understood, but 67 is available for booking down to Richmond (RVR). Try to go beyond that...sold out. It really does look like some sort of scheduled service disruption.

See, I told you so:

Northeast Regional Trains 67 and 94: Motorcoach Service between Richmond and Newport News

Wording of the service advisory is extremely misleading. There is no bustitution between RVR and NPN. You just have to book the other train that's running that day.

So, 67 and 94 are canceled a few days a week. The remaining trains, 66 and 95, use different consists. Should we expect to see deadheading of train sets to/from NPN or the use of a standard Regional consist for 66/67 on the days of the service disruption? Any recent reports from 66/67 riders?

I would imagine they will deadhead. It makes the most sense. Instead of having a set or two of trains sitting down in NPN for a few days and using other cars. It just makes no sense to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back