S+ packet

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amamba

Engineer
My husband hit S+ at the very end of December - his first time hitting that level. I was hoping he would get a welcome packet for S+ year 2011-2012 so I could get another upgrade coupon for a trip I am taking to PHL at the end of this month. He called and they did say they were sending one, but his packet that arrived today was actually for year 2012-2013. It contained 4 48 hour upgrade coupons and 2 companion fare coupons. It did also contain a S+ card with an expiration date of 2/28/2013 on it, so that should help with the United Club situation.

I am select for 2012-2013 but did not get my packet.

Anyone else get their S+ packets yet for 2012-2013?

Not only did my S+ packet for 2012/13 arrive today, but also my AGR credit card, which I finally got around to applying for a few weeks ago! :cool: :cool: :cool:

My S+ packet is in as well.

This year's coupons say "valid through 2/28/2013"--I don't see a not-valid-until date of March 1 like last year. So you may be able to use these coupons immediately if you have travel planned late this month.

My S+ packet is in as well.

This year's coupons say "valid through 2/28/2013"--I don't see a not-valid-until date of March 1 like last year. So you may be able to use these coupons immediately if you have travel planned late this month.
I need my new S+ coupons for my trip to Philly in May! Two people x two ways = four coupons.

I am also headed to Philly in March so will probably use my select coupons then.

If I book any more travel I am going to need to use my points for more coupons! :)

I'm thinking the S+ packets go out first because of the deadline for Club Acela access at the end of February, making them more time critical.

nothing yet for me....maybe tomorrow....heck last year i never got the stuff and had to pull teeth just to get the card....the agent in the CA at NYP helped me.....

hopefully this week..if not...another call to AGR
ph34r.gif

sheesh....so last year i had no upgrades, no companion passes..NADA...

nothing yet for me....maybe tomorrow....heck last year i never got the stuff and had to pull teeth just to get the card....the agent in the CA at NYP helped me.....

ph34r.gif

Sounds like you are on TSA's 'no-upgrade' list. :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone seeing select packets yet, or is this just S+?
My wife and I both received our Select packets today 2/18.
My wife and I both received our Select packets yesterday - 2/21. Three upgrade certificates and three Club Acela/10% discount certificates. Not sure how that compares to years past, as this is my first year with AGR status.
I believe that's exactly the same as last year. I seem to recall that's what my mom got in her kit last year.

same except for the luggage tags, which I kind of liked. Why did they do away with those?

ph34r.gif

Sounds like you are on TSA's 'no-upgrade' list. :eek:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
\WISEGUY!!!
tongue.gif

AND still no packet...SHEESH!!!! of course, maybe they are going alphabetically...i am pretty close to the end

Last edited by a moderator:
Alphabetical might be how they did it, heh. I'm pretty well into the second half of things, and I got mine today. I better not lose these coupons, either - some of them have to last until some October Acela runs. :giggle:

Nothing for me yet. I had to call AGR a few weeks ago to get some missing points posted at the end of the year which pushed me over the S+ threshold. I'm anxiously awaiting its arrival though.

Back