Santa Barbara Amtrak Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's certainly a LOT nicer since they renovated it! I was at the grand opening a few years back.

Anthony said:
It's certainly a LOT nicer since they renovated it! I was at the grand opening a few years back.
I was at the grand opening myself. It was a wonderful occasion. Sorry not to have met you there.

All the pictures you posted are showing up as broken images, Allen. I even went to your website and tried to view them - same thing. I have never had problems viewing images before - any suggestions?

;)

jccollins said:
All the pictures you posted are showing up as broken images, Allen. I even went to your website and tried to view them - same thing. I have never had problems viewing images before - any suggestions?;)
JC,

I deleted all the images on the forum pages, leaving only a link to my web site. It should work now. If not, hit the refresh button on your browser. If that doesn't work, you may need to delete the cache file from your browser, which needs to be done periodically anyway. Hope this helps.

Allen Dee said:
I deleted all the images on the forum pages, leaving only a link to my web site. It should work now. If not, hit the refresh button on your browser. If that doesn't work, you may need to delete the cache file from your browser, which needs to be done periodically anyway. Hope this helps.
And I cleaned up all of your now empty posts, just to make this topic more readable. :)

Allen Dee said:
But are the images and captions viewable?
Well I couldn't see them when they were posted in this topic. However, I just followed the link to your site now. I went through the first 9 pics and they all came up fine for me, including pics, the descriptions, and link to the next pic. :)

jccollins said:
Wow - it's a beautiful station! :)
JC,

It wasn't always so beautiful in the past. Before the station was renovated, there were more bums than passengers.

I would like to see pictures of other stations posted on this forum.

By the way, the pictures on my web site are not copyrighted, and anyone can use them for whatever purpose.

Allen Dee said:
Allen,

If you haven't run across the following site already, you might want to check it out. It shows pictures of almost every Amtrak station in California, as well as a few stations in other nearby states. Its a very helpful site if you're planning a trip to a station in California that you know relatively little about. After all, a picture's worth a thousand words!

http://www.the-bus-stops-here.org/amtrak.html

jccollins said:
Allen Dee said:
Allen,

If you haven't run across the following site already, you might want to check it out. It shows pictures of almost every Amtrak station in California, as well as a few stations in other nearby states. Its a very helpful site if you're planning a trip to a station in California that you know relatively little about. After all, a picture's worth a thousand words!

JC,

Thanks for the tip on the bus stop site. I spent quite a bit of time looking at the pix there. What about the rest of the country?

jccollins said:
Allen Dee said:
Allen,

We've tried to keep up with the changes the State of California Rail Group does to the Thruway and Mainline

service. It seems that the most of the changes are usually bus based for the Thruway service which we try to get to after the changes are done.

If someone is looking for more information on a station in that's in the Amtrak California system, they have their own site http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/rail/ which has a station list also--but they are still behind in some of the changes---that was one of the reason we added the Thruway service and the regular rail stations to our site, even though our main mission on the site is cover the least forgotton thing in any bus service-the bus stop!

If anyone has pictures to submit, we're always looking for contributions for any of the Thruway stops across the country that we don't have. Even Thurway buses.

We've only been able to get to Oregon, and Arizona outside of California--but were working on that.

Thanks for putting mentioning our site here!

Gary Araki

Chief Photographer and Field Operations Editor

www.the-bus-stops-here.org

garyaraki said:
jccollins said:
Allen Dee said:
Allen,

We've tried to keep up with the changes the State of California Rail Group does to the Thruway and Mainline

service. It seems that the most of the changes are usually bus based for the Thruway service which we try to get to after the changes are done.

If someone is looking for more information on a station in that's in the Amtrak California system, they have their own site http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/rail/ which has a station list also--but they are still behind in some of the changes---that was one of the reason we added the Thruway service and the regular rail stations to our site, even though our main mission on the site is cover the least forgotton thing in any bus service-the bus stop!

If anyone has pictures to submit, we're always looking for contributions for any of the Thruway stops across the country that we don't have. Even Thurway buses.

We've only been able to get to Oregon, and Arizona outside of California--but were working on that.

Thanks for putting mentioning our site here!

Gary Araki

Gary,

You have my permission to add to your site the photographs of the 2 Amtrak Thruway service vehicles shown on my site.

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the discussion board! and thanks for posting all the great Amtrak/bus stop station pictures on your website, and for referencing the Amtrak California station page site.

I wanted to let you know I recently provided the webmaster of the Amtrak California station page website with a whole bunch of info regarding the Reno station stop: http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/rail/depots/stops/rno.htm Along with the written info I provided I also provided the webmaster with a link to your website for a picture of the station, and informed him that you should be properly recognized and informed if the picture(s) were placed on the California Station page. Hopefully this was done to your satisfaction -- I don't know why the page says "transit information" provided by you and an "update" by me when you provided the photos and I provided written info, but at least we are both recognized on the page.

You might want to check it out. The page looks much better with the info than when it just said "Under construction - history and info goes here."

jccollins said:
Hi Gary,
Welcome to the discussion board!  and thanks for posting all the great Amtrak/bus stop station pictures on your website, and for referencing the Amtrak California station page site.  

I wanted to let you know I recently provided the webmaster of the Amtrak California station page website with a whole bunch of info regarding the Reno station stop: http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/rail/depots/stops/rno.htm  Along with the written info I provided I also provided the webmaster with a link to your website for a picture of the station, and informed him that you should be properly recognized and informed if the picture(s) were placed on the California Station page.  Hopefully this was done to your satisfaction -- I don't know why the page says "transit information" provided by you and an "update" by me when you provided the photos and I provided written info, but at least we are both recognized on the page.

You might want to check it out.  The page looks much better with the info than when it just said "Under construction - history and info goes here."
I saw that Dick Friedman made the changes on the Reno stop. Dick and

I have traded emails over the last couple of years since we started the

site.

One of these days I need to send him the complete set of pictures I have as I've been telling him that we have the most updated set over what they have on their site <g>

I'm still trying to get him to fix Healdsburg--That stop has only been moved three times in the last 3 years---been a running joke between Dick and I.

Thanks for mentioning to Dick the picture. I need to cut a CD for Dick and maybe he can fix the rest of them <g>

Gary Araki

Allan:

Thanks for the contribution. I'll have Eric Rosenberg, the webmaster

to snarf the pictures and add them to our photos of the Santa Barbara staion.

Appreciate it!

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back