Savannah Parking

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious if anyone has any experience with parking at the Savannah station. Is it safe to leave your car overnight, well really for a week? Thinking of taking Amtrak to Miami in the spring for a cruise, and curious if the parking in Savannah seems to be safe. Thanks for any input.

I've left my car at the Savannah station many times and have had no problems. It seems that most people park in the south lot (to the left as you look at the front of the station). While the north lot is much larger I've not seen many people parking there. The station is opened all night long so there are people there all night and there are industrial businesses in the area so lots of activity during the day even though the station is closed during the day.

I, too, have left my car for over a week in Savannah with no problems. Though in an industrial part of town, it's much nicer than other industrial-zone train stations. The station is only closed during the middle of the day and staffed through the night, so it's pretty cool.

I heard from a ticket agent at the station that a guy left a car there for nearly a year... They finally got a bit concerned and had it removed by police. Turned out the guy up and joined the merchant marines.... [Lots of the story didn't make a whole lot of sense, but it makes for nice urban legend!]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never had a problem, plus have never heard of anyone else having one leaving an auto parked there. If I were you, I'd be more worried about being able to find the station in the first place! For such an attractive city as Savannah, it is a shame this is so out in the middle of nowhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back