Scanner Recommendations

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whs1325

Train Attendant
Does anyone have any recommendations for a good portable scanner that could be used on Amtrak. I'd like to find something that isn't very expensive but isn't a piece of junk either. Anyone know of anything? Thanks!

While I used it, I loved my Uniden Bearcat 30 Channel. It was pretty easy to use, backlit display, headphone jack (for those of you who use headphones), and had a pretty good range. I have transitioned away from it now, my primary radio is now a Motorola HT750.

battalion51 said:
While I used it, I loved my Uniden Bearcat 30 Channel. It was pretty easy to use, backlit display, headphone jack (for those of you who use headphones), and had a pretty good range. I have transitioned away from it now, my primary radio is now a Motorola HT750.
sean is that radio any good or is it like my crapy Kenwood :lol:

I LOVE MY HT750! I only wish it had 16 channels instead of 4. But, 4 is enough to get me over the road down here. I'll probably end up buying an HT1250 in a few years, and once I don't have the car fund hanging over my head.

Well I have been using my same scanner since I was 12, its been very reliable to say the least. Love the thing… who needs new technology! :lol:

P.S. Hopefully I will land another Amtrak trip for my birthday, its all about time and how it works out with my summer job. I did get my car today though :) . I can't wait till summer, so I can finally spend more time back on the boards...its been a while.

I have a radio shack pro-95 which is probably overkill for the averaga railfan but since I also listen to public saftey radio as well it works very well for me with it's 1000 channel capacity and trunking ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back