Scenery Pictures

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
I'd like to see some pictures of some of the scenery of Amtrak routes. I've found many websites, with the trains themselves, but not too many with background. Mainly I'd like to see the Zephyr and the SW Chief, as I have not done those yet. I'm planning on those routes in the spring though, and would like to know what to expect.

Chris

I took pictures of both route (SLC-Oakland) and ABQ-LAX. In Zephyr, I took a lot of pictures in Sierra Nevada (snow sheds, water plummage [like canal above ground], Donner Lake) and for SW Chief- AZ/NM border area.

Sadly, pictures are old-fashioned (papers from negatives), so I'll have scan if I'm in the mood.

My webshots page has photos of scenery (Seattle to Los Angeles, and Vancouver to Seattle).

Eventually, I'll add some photos of the Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle, but it might be a while. I could also add some SW Chief photos, too.

Aloha

If you follow my Picture gallery link below you will beable to see pictures made while riding Several Amtrak trains.

Plese enjoy

Eric

There are a lot of great photos on Railpictures.net. My suggestion would be to go to their main page, search under railroad "Amtrak" and then sort by "Most Popular". Usually the most popular photos have great scenery.

One of my favorite photos is this one, by Mark Wurst.

Latest posts

Back