SEA-PDX Business Class

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbappel

Train Attendant
Are seats reserved for this, or could my husband and I end up each seated next to a stranger? We are hoping for seats together. We board in Seattle (my son's home area) and travel to Portland to visit good friends.
Help is appreciated. We did book Business Class because I did this once over 20 years ago and enjoyed it.
Thanks for any help.

Are seats reserved for this, or could my husband and I end up each seated next to a stranger? We are hoping for seats together. We board in Seattle (my son's home area) and travel to Portland to visit good friends.
Help is appreciated. We did book Business Class because I did this once over 20 years ago and enjoyed it.
Thanks for any help.
Seats are not assigned prior to departure in Business Class outside the NEC.

The crew will see that parties are seated together.

You have nothing to worry about. :) Since Cascade trains start their trip in Seattle, you'll be able to get seats together. :)
That may not be true when service into Canada is restored. However, even on the run-through trains the load changes in Seattle and enough passengers deboard that there will be seats open.

In the Portland check-in I've been issued a seat number before boarding. I don't know if they are doing that currently.

Back