Seattle King St. Station Luggage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie1a

Train Attendant
Does the Seattle King St. station have the facilities to temp. check carry on luggage? I am arriving at the station early-not by choice-to catch the Empire Builder and would like to temp leave my carry on luggage and walk around the area.

Does the Seattle King St. station have the facilities to temp. check carry on luggage? I am arriving at the station early-not by choice-to catch the Empire Builder and would like to temp leave my carry on luggage and walk around the area.
Yes! The Luggage check room across the Waiting room from the Amtrak Desk will Hold your bags for $3 a day, Ive never had any problems in SEA with Luggage! Give us a report on the progress of the rehab of King Street, and post any pictures you might take! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes! The Luggage check room across the Waiting room from the Amtrak Desk will Hold your bags for $3 a day, Ive never had any problems in SEA with Luggage! Give us a report on the progress of the rehab of King Street, and post any pictures you might take! Thanks!
As you enter the station the Baggage check is to your left..Ticket counter to the right. A word of advice. The ticket agents get downright rude if you even mention holding baggage.

On the other hand the people in the baggage check are freindly and very helpful. If you are traveling in a sleeper they will offer to have your bag waiting in your room if you prefer.

Also, I believe they store sleeper passenger bags for free. I'm not sure, but I didn't have to pay last time I went through (March 2011).

As you enter the station the Baggage check is to your left..Ticket counter to the right. A word of advice. The ticket agents get downright rude if you even mention holding baggage.
Just to further clarify, if you enter the station from the street and turn right or enter the station from the tracks and turn left then you will see the ticket counter on the right and baggage check on the left. I believe there was another entrance but it was closed off when I was there. The ticket agents not only weren't rude in my experience, one of them offered to have my bag held for free. I'm not sure why as I wasn't traveling on any sleepers during that leg. I think he was just being nice.

I believe Texas Sunset is describing the current state of affairs, vis-a-vis the location of baggage check at King Street Station, but I will amplify. Due to the ongoing renovation of King Street Station, the old baggage check room "across the waiting room" described above is gone. Baggage check is done at the baggage claim area, to the left of the ticket counter.

I cannot speak to the temporary checking of luggage.

The new ticketing and baggage check windows, back where the restaurant used to be in the olden days, are almost done, and you can see them in this set of recent photos the Seattle Department of Transportation posted at Flickr. I'm not sure when these windows will begin being used.

Here's one of the SDOT's photos of the new ticket windows, almost finished:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back