Seattle King Street Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This June I will be arriving on14 into Seattle from LA, then leaving a couple days later on 8 to CHI, sleeper both trains I have not been to King Street since it was remodeled, my question is if there are any major changes, other than the obvious cosmetic beautification, I should be aware of before arriving.

There is some track side construction that started last month to add a new platform/canopy and extend tracks north towards the station.

Right across from the station, there is an Embassy Suites high-rise hotel under construction.

The station itself while nice, is lacking in amenities. Hopefully that will change soon.

King Street Station shines with its renewal but unlike Portland it's a sterile renewal with no thought to the people waiting there.

No food other than very limited vending. No plugs for phones, laptops. No Wi-Fi. No publications for sale.

Architecture and design should be judged not just on how nice they look, but more importantly on well well they serve the people using them.

The newly renovated station is magnificent. The other posts are correct regarding the lack of amenities at King Street. However, on our March trip, I recall seeing a drug store (Rite-Aid, Walgreens - cant remember which) under construction across the street from the front of the station. Also, two short blocks away just next to adjacent Union Station is a small grocery/convenience store. It's kind of pricey but was all I could find in the area. Enjoy that June trip!

At one time there was some kind of sandwich shop diagonally to NW of station. Had a "G" scale a model train that delivered orders to coustomers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back