Seattle King Street station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmtrakCrescent20

Service Attendant
I was wondering if anyone is allowed onto King Street Station's platforms at any time-or is it restricted to only ticketed passengers at boarding time?

when we have been there it is restricted but there is a footbridge across the tracks at the station which gives good views and fenced areas next to the station platform which give good views

I've had the same experience.

I have been in Seattle exactly once in my lifetime so this experience is not necessarily normal. However, when there for a few days about 5 years ago, I walked in about mid-day, no where near train time for any scheduled train and simply wandered around station and platforms to my hearts content, including taking multiple pictures. Whether that was officially then, I do not know. Whether that is officially or even unofficially possible now, I do not know. I do knwo that in the same week I went there shortly before the Empire Builder departure time and watched them move it into the station from the pedestrian overpass mentioned above. However when I went into the station no one was allowed to go past the lining up point for the EB.

George

I was there during rush hour during my recent trip, and no one that I noted was stopping people from getting onto the platforms.

Waiting in the station the next day, except when an Amtrak train was coming or going, I did not note anyone stopping folks from going out onto the platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back