Seattle station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Does anybody know of any decent but moderately-priced hotels in the near vicinity of the Amtak station in Seattle, Washington? How about other points of interest where someone could spend an afternoon?

Since I just returned this week (my trip report is on the travelogue) I can tell you there are quite a few moderate priced chain hotels in the downtown area. It's a pretty tight downtown core that is well linked by electric bus service. The King Street Station - which is somewhat torn up in renovation - is just four blocks from the water front. There are restaurants down there plus the famous Pike Market is not too far away. There's lots to do in downtown Seattle. If you run out of things, it's a cheap round trip ferry ride (a few dollars a head) across the sound to Bainbridge Island and back. Great views of the city and some good restaurants next to the ferry terminal. All this is within walking distance of the station or a short bus ride.

We stayed at the Pioneer Square last year. One of the closest to the King Street station, quant, quiet, free breakfast plus easy walking to Pike Street Market, THe Puget and good restaurants. Good hotel.

Pike Market is a must! It is a very neat expirence. I would also recommend a restaurant on the water front. It's called the Crab Pot and they have the best fish and chips and alderwood smoked fish! The Crab Pot is open in the front and you order at the counter and there are long wood picnic type tables to sit at. If you like fish... check it out!

Diane

we will arrive at seattle station on july 5th at 9:30 pm and have a room reserved at the best western loyal not too far away; i plan on taking a taxi to the hotel. i reserved rooms online for $89.00. i haven't seen this hotel, so i may be sorry when we see it. LOL

pike market is the first place we will visit. try one of the great coffee houses, such as....espresso VIVACE roasteria. think it is on 3rd ave.

I stayed at that hotel last month. It's not the Ritz, but is safe and presentable and very well located. The service there was fine and it was clean. About the same as any roadside inn. I've stayed there for years and it never changes. As I mentioned before, if you rent a car try Thrifty. They are four blocks from the station and give free rides back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back