Select/Select + Membership Dates

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Dylan

50+ Year Amtrak Rider
AU Supporting Member
I joined AGR in June of this year, was able to cobble together enough points/rail points to make select and take my first one zone 15,000 point trip on the KCY-CBS route! Currently I have 7,500+ points, just receive my Select package with the passes and luggage tags and card which shows Membership until Feb. 2010. My understanding is that I will actually be a member until Feb. of 2011, is this correct and if so: if I qualify for Select + by getting to 10,000 rail miles before Feb. 2010 will I be Select + or do I have to start over Jan. 1.2010?? Thanks for one of the masters feedback! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
For RAIL points, the clock begins on Jan 1 and ends on Dec 31.

If you just reached Select, it will be good until the end of Feb 2011.

You should receive another Select package in 2010.

Congratulations on reaching Select.

How did you like the KCY to CBS trip? I think I may make that trip in March 2010.

Assuming you stay Select, you should get your 2010 kit in Feb, 2010 and it will be valid till Feb/2011

You have until the end of 2009 only to get S+ Status. If you do, you should get your 2010 S+ kit in Feb. 2010.

For RAIL points, the clock begins on Jan 1 and ends on Dec 31.If you just reached Select, it will be good until the end of Feb 2011.

You should receive another Select package in 2010.

Congratulations on reaching Select.

How did you like the KCY to CBS trip? I think I may make that trip in March 2010.
Thanks for the info, I did a trip report on the KCY-CBS trip, 2 parts, it's a great 1 zone/15,000. 5 night trip on three great trains!! :)

Back