Select/Select Plus Changes?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBS

Just browsing the program benefits for Select/Select Plus membership (Deciding whether to keep paying the premium for the Acela to rack up the points, or to rough it on a Regional) and I see it no longer mentions the Acela Lounge passes or First Class upgrade coupons for Select status, or the First Class coupons for Select Plus. Have they in fact done away with these benefits (and therefore any incentive to spend a little extra to make either status)?

I'm sure that they fall under the following:
Select/Select Plus members-only offers and exclusive deals from Amtrak and Amtrak Guest Rewards partners.
I would hope so, but if that is the case, it doesn't engender much confidence that the perks are semi-secret, and seemingly not guaranteed.

While speaking with an agent today regarding a free trip on Acela that I earned in the last promo, I mentioned the above. He assured me that the current kits are still shipping with the above perks and as far as he knows, there are no plans to eliminate those perks.

While speaking with an agent today regarding a free trip on Acela that I earned in the last promo, I mentioned the above. He assured me that the current kits are still shipping with the above perks and as far as he knows, there are no plans to eliminate those perks.
Thanks for the leg-work! That's good to hear. It does seem silly that they wouldn't advertise it anymore though.

Latest posts

Back